Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Remaining draft picks

As promised, a rundown of how many picks in each round of the next few bantam drafts that each team in the WHL currently owns. These charts are compiled from details of trades as publicly released and so I do not guarantee their accuracy as the details of conditionally traded picks, etc, are not always released.

And of course there's the possibility that I simply missed a traded pick here or there. So if you think something is wrong about some of these numbers, please e-mail me or leave a comment and we'll try to figure it out.

Last Updated: January 10, 3:30pm MST

First, the 2013 draft:

 1  2  3  4   5  6  7  8   9   10
Brandon2121201111
Calgary1110221111
Edmonton0111011112
Everett1012201111
Kamloops1021011111
Kelowna1111030111
Kootenay1112411011
Lethbridge1121121121
Medicine Hat1210020101
Moose Jaw1011113111
Portland0000002311
Prince Albert1012211111
Prince George   1100110111
Red Deer1101001111
Regina1104021111
Saskatoon0101011111
Seattle2100121110
Spokane1111111111
Swift Current1110201111
Tri-City1220111211
Vancouver2320101011
Victoria1113101011

(how to read the chart: the columns are the rounds of the draft; a team's number in each column is how many picks I figure they have in that round)


Now the 2014 draft:

  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Brandon1111110111
Calgary1112211111
Edmonton1121121111
Everett1111232111
Kamloops1111011111
Kelowna1102010111
Kootenay1111110111
Lethbridge1211211111
Medicine Hat1111011111
Moose Jaw1100221111
Portland0111111111
Prince Albert1111211111
Prince George    1100111111
Red Deer1111112111
Regina1101101111
Saskatoon0111010111
Seattle1100111111
Spokane1112011111
Swift Current1101111111
Tri-City1022101111
Vancouver2140002111
Victoria1121202111


And I'll throw in the 2015 draft, which is a long way off and not many picks traded there yet, but there have been a few:

  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Brandon1111101111
Calgary1111211111
Edmonton1111111111
Everett1111121111
Kamloops0112011111
Kelowna1111021111
Kootenay1111211111
Lethbridge1111111111
Medicine Hat1111211111
Moose Jaw2110111111
Portland0111111111
Prince Albert1111111111
Prince George    1111111111
Red Deer1111121111
Regina1110001111
Saskatoon0111111111
Seattle1111111111
Spokane2111111111
Swift Current1111111111
Tri-City1112111111
Vancouver1111101111
Victoria1111111111

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Spokane has Calgary's 3rd round in 2013 in the Brassart deal.

Alan said...

WHL website has the price for Brassart as a 2012 4th round pick.

Anonymous said...

Yeah is what I thought until Calgary used the pick. Turns out it was a choice for Spokane for that pick or the 3rd rounder this year.

Alan said...

I just found confirmation that the pick was indeed Spokane's choice to take 2013 3rd round pick instead, so I have updated the chart.

Thanks for the help.

Malc said...

I have a suspicion that Red Deer will only be giving Kelowna one 2013 6th round pick at most (for Vasko), and not two (for Ferguson).

Dave said...

At one point you listed Vancouver as having four second round picks for the 2013 draft. Now it says they have three. Out of curiosity, what changed? I don't remember the Giants trading away a second rounder?