Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday notes

Tri-Cities avoided elimination last night with a 4-2 win over the Hitmen. I thought the game was actually not much different from game three; it was a good-paced, close game for 60 minutes. The difference in this one was that Tri-City got the bounces they didn't get in the earlier games - their good scoring chances went in instead of wide or saved by Jones, and this time it was Calgary that was snakebitten around the net, unable to finish on several chances that would have been goals in the first three games.

The league will now fly both teams back to Calgary for game 5 on Friday night. If you believe in karma, it's worth noting that Friday's date is May 7th. The Hitmen's previous WHL championship, against Kamloops in 1999, was also won at home on Friday, May 7th, 1999 - and it was also a game 5.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alan:

I guess the Ams players did not read your blog about Calgary being WHL champs. I am proud they did not roll over and die. I guess that charter plane ride must be someting special.

brian in Sherwood

Hoping for a game 6

Anonymous said...

Way to be Hitmen! Good luck in Brandon!

Alan said...

Brian - so was I wrong?