Monday, April 18, 2011

Call for stats

The bantam draft is fast approaching, just over two weeks away now. As a result, I've been gathering the stats I could find on the players who are likely to be selected in the draft, so I can post the stats here on the blog on draft day.

I've pretty much collected all the stats I usually collect, but a number of teams/leagues do not post their player statistics and/or don't make it easy to gather this info (it's 2011 already, British Columbia!). So, in the interest of having as much info as possible to post on draft day, here's a request to any readers of this blog who may have some of this info and may be able to share.

What I already have:
B.C. major midget AAA league
Alberta bantam AAA (AMBHL)
Alberta minor midget AAA (AMMHL)
Calgary & Edmonton bantam & midget AA
South Central Alberta bantam & midget (SCAHL)
South Saskatchewan minor hockey league (SSMHL) AA bantam
Centre Four AA bantam (CFHL)
Saskatchewan midget AAA (SMAAAHL)
Manitoba major midget AAA (MMHL)
Winnipeg AAA bantam & city midget
Zone4, Westman, and Winnipeg high school leagues
Provincial camps - Alberta Cup and Manitoba P.O.E.; for SaskFirst I have rosters, no stats. Have B.C. Cup rosters, tournament is next weekend.

Also have Tier 1 Elite league bantam & midget AAA stats from the U.S., plus Minnesota high school league stats.

What I'm mostly missing:
B.C. AAA (and AA) bantam team stats. Have a couple teams but only a couple.
Alberta AAA midget league (they usually make this available but so far this spring have not)
Greater Saskatoon League team stats. Have rosters, few stats.
Anything from the top U.S. teams - California, Texas, Arizona teams, etc. If they compete in the Tier 1 Elite league I have them, otherwise not. Have a couple rosters, almost no stats.
Stats from SaskFirst bantam if anyone has them. Have rosters, no stats.
Rural Manitoba AA & A team stats - have a couple teams but not many

Anything is welcome....from simple rosters (names, maybe ht/wt) to complete season stats for players.

If you have any of this stuff and want to share, my email address is over there on the side, or you can add it as a comment to this post if you like. Or maybe you just know of a link to some of this stuff which I have missed, that is definitely welcome too. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

5 comments:

Red Celtic said...

Hi Allan
Having some trouble leaving you a comment. Well one more try have you tried the folks at Western Elite Hockey Prospects they may have the info you need. Here is their link.
http://westernelitehockeyprospects.blogspot.com/
Craig

Western Elite said...

lane Pederson will be a nice high pick for the 2012 bantam draft. I like Vukie as well but I wish he were bigger than 5'8.

Anonymous said...

AB AAA Midget scoring leaders.
http://www.amhl.ab.ca/2011-Leaders.htm

John Verrall said...

Here are the statistics from the Saskatoon Generals website. You will notice that there are many differences between the stats posted above and this actual list I am posting. I did not post the above list and am not sure who did. But since the stats are different for many kids I guess the blogger above was padding the stats for all kids or corrected inaccuracies in the game sheets. At least I have the integrity to put my name to this list unlike the people who posted the comments above.

10
Aldorfer, Colby
21 3 2 5 18 .24


Cole, Young (AP)
3 .00

14
Conway, Nathaniel
47 1 7 8 10 .17

2
Gavlas, CJ
48 11 16 27 28 .56

5
Grant, Wyatt
49 7 12 19 12 .39

29
Headrick (AP), TJ
5 1 1 2 .20

8
Keenan, Nicholas
40 15 5 20 24 .50

22
Koester (AP), Cole
14 3 3 6 2 .43

9
Melnyk, Ryan
45 9 9 43 .20

7
Mpofu, Vukie
47 27 34 61 74 1.33

16
Murphy, Spencer
48 14 15 29 14 .62

4
Pederson, Lane
46 24 22 46 14 1.00

17
Pickett, Tyler
48 18 25 43 112 .90

3
Roach, Curtis
49 1 8 9 26 .18

11
Sheppard, David
49 27 26 53 32 1.08

15
Verrall, Benjamin
48 6 16 22 84 .46

6
Wenzel, Brett
47 3 5 8 27 .17

12
Young, Cody
41 36 35 71 100 1.73

Lynne said...

Hi there
I notice there is next to no interest in the kids coming from (A) hockey towns...and yet they managed to get drafted also. How does one get information out to scouts when the kids from "way up north" need some exposure also? Thank goodness for people like Dan Sallows who contacts kids he sees and gets them some exposure on his website. Kitimat's (A)Michael Bell went in Round 3, Quesnel's Ryan Gagnon also (AA), and Terrace's (A)Kenny Nordstrom went in Round 10. Good job Dan, on noting these kids and getting them some much needed attention. :)