I'm going to start posting my annual rundown of each WHL team's protected list prospects later tonight. As I mentioned last week, I'm going to post them in the order that teams had players selected in the NHL draft last Sunday, which means Portland will be the first team to be posted tonight. They will be followed by, in order: Prince Albert, Brandon, Edmonton, Everett, Medicine Hat, Seattle, Regina, Swift Current, Kelowna, Tri-City, Victoria, Kamloops, Vancouver, Prince George, Red Deer, Kootenay, Calgary, and Spokane. Then the three teams who did not have a player drafted (Lethbridge, Moose Jaw, Saskatoon) although I haven't decided on their order yet.
Posts will be done at a frequency of about two per day, so it'll take about 11 days to do everything. A few notes before we start:
- my copy of the WHL protected player lists is from several weeks ago. Some changes may have been made since then. Not likely a lot of changes, but maybe a few players are different.
- I generally excluded any players who played more than 30 games in the WHL last year, and/or spent an entire year on a WHL roster. I may have erred/missed players in some cases, so if you see a guy and say "he's not a prospect anymore, he has 200 games in the league!", then now you know why he's there: I goofed.
- heights and weights were gathered from the most reliable sources possible. In most cases these were team or league websites for the team(s) the player played for in 2012-13. So, those heights/weights are as accurate as those websites were. Those heights/weights were also most likely recorded at 2012 training camps so I do recognize that many players have grown an inch or five (they're teenagers!) in the last year since then.
Corrections, comments, etc always welcome. Enjoy the posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment