Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WHL roster breakdown

Time again this year for a breakdown of each team's roster, with average heights, weights, and ages, plus the breakdown of the number of 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 year olds on each roster and how many of the players on the roster are rookies (less than 25 games in the WHL) or imports.

I'll update this as cuts or trades are made. Last update was January 10.

I have also made this chart available in a spreadsheet, so you can go in and easily sort on the various columns, or copy-and-paste the data to your own documents if you like. There's a few extra goodies on that spreadsheet as well (career games played and goals scored) which don't appear on this chart here.


TeamTotal   Ht         Wt      Avg AgeRookiesImports16's17's18's19's20's
Brandon Wheat Kings2472.17193.1718.137234773
Calgary Hitmen2373.48192.9618.048226753
Edmonton Oil Kings2572.24186.2818.128226773
Everett Silvertips2272.68186.1418.185225573
Kamloops Blazers2472.29189.6317.8313248363
Kelowna Rockets2472.63187.5818.177218483
Kootenay Ice2472.58187.2518.3372253113
Lethbridge Hurricanes2172.57187.9517.818227813
Medicine Hat Tigers2371.48183.0418.3952154103
Moose Jaw Warriors2372.61185.8717.878245743
Portland Winterhawks2372.35191.0418.179225673
Prince Albert Raiders2372.87190.4318.176216763
Prince George Cougars2572.40183.8817.8810238572
Red Deer Rebels2472.96189.3318.006127753
Regina Pats2272.73188.4117.7711239343
Saskatoon Blades2171.67181.7617.7111238442
Seattle Thunderbirds2372.52190.3517.789239443
Spokane Chiefs2572.96188.8418.207216873
Swift Current Broncos2572.80190.0018.287224793
Tri-City Americans2473.13189.4218.047219563
Vancouver Giants2572.52187.6017.849238743
Victoria Royals2372.00186.7418.135234673

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

interested to see how much older Brandon will get after the cuts are made

Jimbo said...

I am not sure what the number under ht. represents. I know ht. means height but if I take 72.52 ( Medicine Hat Tigers ) and divide that by 27 ( no. of players ) I get 2.685. What does this mean. The average height is 2.685 Meters? Please clarify for me as I am a senior citizen and find it hard to convert to metric.

Jimbo

Alan said...

Jimbo - those numbers are the average heights of the rosters, in inches. So 72.52 for the Tigers means the average Tiger is 6 feet, 0.52 inches tall. No metric required. :)

Similarly, the weight and age numbers are also the current roster averages.

Trevor said...

Hey Alan, pretty sure you've got the average age of the Wheat Kings wrong. I just did it and got 17.8.

Alan said...

Thanks, Trevor. Looks like my spreadsheet developed a glitch in the age-averaging formula. I've fixed now.