I've got a new feature here on the ol' blog - WHL team depth charts. Basically what I've done is created a spreadsheet with the names of every player (that I know of) who has signed a WHL education contract with a WHL team. This is NOT a list of every player that a team owns the rights to (ie, the PPLs) but only those who have committed to playing for the team. Obviously some teams do not publicize their signings and so those teams are simply going to have fewer names listed here. It doesn't mean they have signed less players, but only that we don't know everyone they have signed.
For my purposes, a player who plays in a WHL game (preseason, regular, or playoffs) will be considered as having signed, even if no signing has been announced.
I've separated the players by birth year and position so you can easily see how many 17 year old defencemen (for example) your team might have to choose from next year, etc, etc.
I have removed players who are believed to have retired, been released, or whom there is no realistic possibility that they ever play in the WHL again (ie, most overage players with NHL contracts). Teams may still own those players' rights but it seems pointless to keep the names here.
The spreadsheet is read-only but if you spot any errors or omissions, please do email me (or leave a comment) and let me know.
13 comments:
Hey Alan, after raving about Jake Bean at the Hitmen training camp, how could you forget him in Calgary's 98s? ;)
Because Bean is not, to my knowledge, signed by the Hitmen yet. They have never announced his signing.
If he plays in the preseason opener tonight, that'll be enough proof and I'll add him.
This chart is excellent!
You can drop Maguire and Wittman from SC
Thanks for the spreadsheet Alan. On the Giants, Kulak will be in the AHL, and I don't think Kaleb Denham is Giants property.
Mikey
great tool u need to add Davis from 99 that signed contract with Lethbridge this week
Davis is on there....I added him yesterday.
He is there but is forward not dman
Ah, I see. Fixed. Thanks. :)
josh uhrich ... does not play for Moose jaw ..... They traded him away
Alan ty for all the hard work and info , Tyler Fuhr (95) isn't on roster any more and Tyler Brown (97) is their back up goalie for your Depth charts for the Pats
You have Jaret Tyszka on the Thunderbirds depth chart. Has he actually signed a contract with the team?
Tyszka signed with Seattle in April:
http://whl.ca/article/t-birds-sign-jarret-tyszka
Post a Comment