Remaining games by team:
Brandon (2)
Home (1): Moose Jaw
Away (1): Moose Jaw
Calgary (3)
Home (2): Prince Albert, Medicine Hat
Away (1): Medicine Hat
Chilliwack (3)
Home (1): Everett
Away (2): Spokane, Tri-City
Edmonton (3)
Home (2): Lethbridge, Red Deer
Away (1): Red Deer
Everett (4)
Away (4): Tri-City, Portland, Chilliwack, Vancouver
Kamloops (2)
Home (1): Prince George
Away (1): Prince George
Kelowna (3)
Home (2): Seattle, Vancouver
Away (1): Vancouver
Kootenay (3)
Home (1): Lethbridge
Away (2): Medicine Hat, Lethbridge
Lethbridge (3)
Home (1): Kootenay
Away (2): Edmonton, Kootenay
Medicine Hat (3)
Home (2): Kootenay, Calgary
Away (1): Calgary
Moose Jaw (3)
Home (1): Brandon
Away (2): Saskatoon, Brandon
Portland (4)
Home (3): Vancouver, Everett, Spokane
Away (1): Seattle
Prince Albert (3)
Home (1): Swift Current
Away (2): Calgary, Swift Current
Prince George (2)
Home (1): Kamloops
Away (1): Kamloops
Red Deer (2)
Home (1): Edmonton
Away (1): Edmonton
Regina (3)
Home (1): Saskatoon
Away (2): Swift Current, Saskatoon
Saskatoon (3)
Home (2): Moose Jaw, Regina
Away (1): Regina
Seattle (4)
Home (2): Portland, Tri-City
Away (2): Kelowna, Spokane
Spokane (4)
Home (2): Chilliwack, Seattle
Away (2): Tri-City, Portland
Swift Current (3)
Home (2): Regina, Prince Albert
Away (1): Prince Albert
Tri-City (4)
Home (3): Everett, Chilliwack, Spokane
Away (1): Seattle
Vancouver (4)
Home (2): Kelowna, Everett
Away (2): Portland, Kelowna
Last updated: after games of March 13th.
If the season ended today, the playoff matchups would be:
If the season ended today, the playoff matchups would be:
Eastern Conference:
#1 Saskatoon Blades vs #8 Prince Albert Raiders
#1 Saskatoon Blades vs #8 Prince Albert Raiders
#2 Red Deer Rebels vs #7 Edmonton Oil Kings
#3 Medicine Hat Tigers vs #6 Brandon Wheat Kings
#4 Kootenay Ice vs #5 Moose Jaw Warriors
Western Conference:
#1 Portland Winterhawks vs #8 Everett Silvertips
#1 Portland Winterhawks vs #8 Everett Silvertips
#2 Kelowna Rockets vs #7 Prince George Cougars
#3 Spokane Chiefs vs #6 Chilliwack Bruins
#4 Tri-City Americans vs #5 Vancouver Giants
8 comments:
Alan, I'll ask you because nowhere else does my question get answered. How would you feel about a scheduling rule that says all interconference games need to be played by the trade deadline?
I sit here as a Seattle fan and see that Kamloops, one of the teams that the TBirds are chasing, have 6 of their last 14 against teams from the East. I realize the unbalanced schedule makes it difficult to get all the road trips in early but it seems to me that after you have your team set for the stretch drive, you should be playing the teams that you will see in the playoffs.
I think this is actually a pretty good idea and I don't think it's all that difficult to implement really. There's all of October, November, and December, plus portions of September and January to play the inter-conference games in.
It's late February here, I don't see why Kelowna and Kamloops are in the middle of Central division trips right now.
Hey Alan ....
If the playoffs started today, Do you see any upsets?
brian in sherwood
The way things are going right now, I don't see any upsets in the West. Portland, Spokane, and Tri-City should win their series and Kelowna is hot so no reason to believe they won't win too.
In the East, I would not want to play Brandon in the first round, I think that is prime upset material right there. They are red hot and scoring tons of goals. But right now they'd play Red Deer and I just can't see the Rebels losing out either.
Prince Albert and Edmonton won't upset anybody. Moose Jaw might, but IMO that wouldn't really be an upset.
Alan, how are these numbers determined? For example, it says Seattle's magic number is 10 wins or Kamloops losses. However, Chilliwack, Prince George and Everett would clinch with a fewer number of wins/Kamloops losses which would leave Seattle on the outside.
Jarred - as you know, the "magic number" for clinching a playoff spot is basically the number of wins it takes to ensure a team finishes in the top 8 in the conference.
I calculate the maximum attainable point total for every team in the conference, and then the magic number is a team's current point total subtracted from the 2nd-lowest maximum point total of the other 9 teams. (For the Western conference; in the East it would be the 4th-lowest of the other 11 teams).
So for Seattle, they have 57 points. The 2nd-lowest maximum points of the remaining teams is Prince George, at 76 (Kamloops is lowest at 74). 76-57 = 19, so 19 points for Seattle (or lost points by PG) would ensure at least a tie for the last spot for Seattle. Add one point to ensure they finish ahead (so no tiebreaker game which you could lose and thus still miss the playoffs) and you've got 20 points. Half that (since you get 2 points for a win) means 10 Seattle wins or PG losses clinches a spot for Seattle.
The post said Kamloops, not PG....I'll fix that, just means I forgot to change it when the 2nd-lowest team changed at some point. :)
Has a team ever gone for 1st overall to last overall in this league before?
I didn't go back past 1990, but it has not happened in the last 20 years for sure. I did see one case of a team that went from first overall down to about 60 points but that didn't put them into last overall.
It does seem very likely that Calgary is about to do it though.
Post a Comment