Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rockets, Pats trade

I think we all suspected a deal like this might happen: Regina has dealt 18 year old defenceman Myles Bell to the Kelowna Rockets for 19 year old defenceman Colton Jobke, a 2012 2nd round bantam pick, and a 2013 5th round bantam pick.

It has not been announced when Bell will join the Rockets, as he recovers from his injuries suffered in an off-season car accident.

UPDATE: the Rockets say Bell will join them immediately and is expected to play this weekend. I was thinking the deal was a little risky for the Rockets since Bell had the injury and didn't attend Pats training camp - not to mention his other issues that he has going on. But if he's ready to play, then at least from the hockey point of view this deal makes sense on both sides. From the other points of view.....there's going to be some strong feelings amongst some fans about seeing him back on the ice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The League dropped the ball on this one. They are to worried about getting the rough stuff out of the league that they let this guy enjoy the game he loves

Anonymous said...

I agree. This crap starts in AAA Midget. Every team, every league needs to stamp out drinking and drug use through a standardized drug policy. I could give the names of drug or booze users on every current roster in the WHL. All of these players started long before they stepped unto the WHL stage. Really sad for the victims!!!