Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today's the day

Bantam draft starts at about 8:30 MDT/CST today.....You can follow the draft live at the WHL site here.

I will be posting the info I have on each pick here shortly after the pick is made, for the first one or two rounds. After that I'll put up one post per round after each round is concluded. I'm going to move the post with the draft order up to the top of the blog, right under this one.

Best of luck to everyone's team at the draft and to all the players who get picked....

How deep is the draft this year? Pats director of scouting Todd Ripplinger says it's 2.5 to 3 rounds deep before you start getting into the crapshoot picks. And Moose Jaw G.M. Chad Lang isn't afraid to shake things up today if the chance is there. And lastly, some mention of local players available in the Lethbridge and Prince George areas. Two sons of former NHLers available from the Lethbridge bantams - Lukas Sutter (son of Rich Sutter) should go around the late 1st to 3rd round area, and Alex Wakaluk (a goalie like his dad Darcy - who is currently the Calgary Hitmen goaltending coach) should go in the middle rounds somewhere. My guesses anyway.

No comments: