The first exhibition game is four weeks tomorrow - August 27th when Saskatoon visits Prince Albert.
So, the season is fast approaching again. Now, if we could just get an official schedule released....being three weeks from the start of training camp and still not having a schedule is just a little bit ridiculous.....
7 comments:
Portland Winterhawks have to wait for the Trail Blazers NBA schedule....NBA to release schedule this week...
So they are tearing down the Coloision, and making you play in the Rose Garden?
Yeah, I don't quite understand why the Winterhawks have to wait for the NBA schedule. Do the Trail Blazers book every date from October through March and then release the ones they don't need after the NBA schedule is made?
I doubt it. I know that when the NHL schedule is made, for example, each team submits a list of 50 to 60 dates which they have reserved their building for. The NHL feeds all the dates for all teams into a computer and it spits out a schedule. Presuming the NBA does something similar, then there's no reason why the Rose Garden can't be booked now for the dates that the Trail Blazers have NOT reserved.
The WHL really should be able to get a complete tentative schedule done in early July at the latest.
The Raiders issued their tentative schedule on June 23. It is understood that changes could occur to games in cities with NBA or NHL teams as these have priority over the WHL teams sharing those facilities. Historically there have been few changes and it usually involved switching game dates in Portland and Seattle due to NBA game conflicts.
Craig
LOL, a bit behind the times Craig. Seattle no long has an NBA team. And the Thunderbirds no long play in Seattle. (Though they haven't changed their name)
I really wish they would get the schedule out ASAP. It seems my team, Everett, is always last to get it out. Last Year I was able to figure out the Tips schedule by visiting evryone elses website.
Larry
I eat my words!!. Everett just posted their schedule.
Larry
LOL, I am aware that Seattle no longer has an NBA team (which is a shame) and that the T-Birds have a new home. That is why I said historically which refers to the past.
Craig
Post a Comment