- Portland is #1 overall in the league and the hottest team in the league, riding a 10-0 streak into the game.
- Saskatoon is #3 overall in the league, only 1 point behind Kootenay. So there's a better-than-usual chance that this game could be a preview of the 2010-11 WHL Finals.
- Saskatoon is going to wear what might be the dumbest looking uniforms the WHL has seen since Cooperalls went extinct.
- Shannon Tweed is going to perform the ceremonial faceoff. Lock up your sons.
- Tweed's husband Gene Simmons will be in attendance. Lock up your daughters.
- depending on who you talk to, Simmons may or may not do something really stupid between periods. If he goes through with it, maybe Shaw will skip the talking heads between periods and show it...
What more could you possibly want out of a game?
6 comments:
As a Winterhawk fan... I hate that the US media SUCKS when it comes to covering our team.
This is a great chance for exposure, and there is not chance whatsoever to see it south of the 49th.
Instead, I get to suffer with the webcast...
By "suffer" I imagine you mean you have to listen to "homer" announcers - which is true of all webcasts.
But I have to give credit to the new service provider for the web broadcasts. Light years better in terms of quality signal. RIP Insinc!
it's not the hommer announcers, those I can deal with, it's the poor quality video (when compared to TV)...
It's much easier to turn mute the commentators if you can actually SEE the game.
man do I need to learn to re-read before posting... I meant to say "turn down/mute"
a winterhawk win
Now that was how a hockey period should be played! If only more games could be like that...
The NHL should take note. I'd already be asleep if this were a current "new NHL" game.
Post a Comment