Friday, July 11, 2008

More Seattle/Prince Albert overage moves

In my post about the Leblanc-to-Seattle trade, I mentioned that Leblanc was now Seattle's only overager on their roster and that Prince Albert still had five overagers on theirs.

Turns out I was wrong on both counts. I've been informed that Prince Albert recently dropped Ashton Hewson from their list, and that Seattle picked him up. So the Birds now have acquired two of Prince Albert's original six 08-09 overage candidates, although only Leblanc cost them anything.

Hewson is a good character kid who was named the WHL's Humanitarian of the Year this past season. For an idea of what kind of character this kid has, you have to read this article again.

His numbers are not that good which means he might not normally be a good candidate for an overage spot since he seems like a 3rd line kind of guy and teams usually like to see their overage forwards playing in their top 6. Maybe he has some untapped offensive potential though....guess we'll find out.

No comments: