Monday, February 2, 2009

Clouston gets NHL job, top prospects notes

With the firing of Craig Hartsburg as Ottawa Senators coach this morning, former Kootenay Ice head coach Cory Clouston has been promoted from the Senators' AHL team and is now the new head coach of the NHL club.

Update: current Senators assistant (and former Warrior & Pat head coach) Curtis Hunt has apparently been offered Clouston's old job as head coach in the AHL. No word on what will happen if he declines....I guess they could keep him as Clouston's assistant in the NHL, if Clouston is OK with that. Or I guess Hunt could get a pink slip. I'm thinking he'll take the AHL gig.

And Red Line Report scout Mike Remmerde has some scouts' notes on the Top Prospects game over on his NHL Draft Notes blog. Interesting stuff, to see a scout's perspective on some of the WHL prospects in the game.

No comments: