Thursday, June 18, 2009

Habscheid on the move

No, not that Habscheid....his son. Broncos p-b-p guy Jon Keen reports on his blog (link on the right) that the Broncos have traded the rights to 17 year old defenceman Zach Habscheid to the Chilliwack Bruins for a 2010 4th round bantam pick.

So basically, Marc Habscheid's first move as Bruins G.M. is to trade for his son.

The kid's a good prospect though (6'4" and a hard-nosed type) so it's actually a pretty decent deal if you ask me. No funny business here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if there was any further scuttlebutt regarding the Everett coaching vacancy? With Todd Richards getting the job in Minnesota (according to one blog, “the Wild regime wanted to get away from Jacques Lemaire's "defensive trap" game plan and switch to an aggressive, offensive style”), I wondered if Kevin Constantine (a disciplined defensively orientated coach) would no longer be a good fit in Houston, the Wild’s AHL affiliate. Would Constantine consider going back to Everett if the opportunity presented itself?

Alan said...

I have heard nothing more about the Everett job other than that Craig Hartsburg was supposedly in Everett for an interview last week.

In Constantine's case, I would think his level of interest in returning to the WHL would be inversely proportional to the number of years remaining on his contract in Houston. :-)

Alan said...

One other thing I forgot to add, I would be surprised if anything happens in Everett before the NHL draft next weekend. Almost everybody who's anybody in the NHL world is at the draft so it's a great chance for Doug Soetart to chat with any number of potentially interested parties there.

Anonymous said...

Touché