Justin McCrae, Spokane Chiefs (102nd overall, Carolina Hurricanes)
Linden Rowat, Regina Pats (124th overall, Los Angeles Kings)
Brett Leffler, Regina Pats (125th overall, Washington Capitals)
Ondrej Roman, Spokane Chiefs (136th overall, Dallas Stars)
Torrie Jung, Edmonton Oil Kings (183rd overall, Tampa Bay Lightning)
Ryan Molle, Swift Current Broncos (207th overall, New Jersey Devils)
These guys will all be put back into the draft pool for the 2009 draft later this month. All of them are also eligible to play in the WHL as overagers next year except McCrae, who was overage last year and has committed to attend & play hockey at the University of British Columbia next year.
Roman was selected in the first round of the KHL (Russian pro league) draft by Automobil Yekaterinburg the other day, and another report I read said he has already signed a pro contract with a team in the Czech Republic....so he obviously has some well-paying pro options for next year and thus isn't likely to be back with the Chiefs as a two-spot player. The rest of the guys, I would expect them to all be overagers in the WHL next year. I suppose it is technically possible that one of them might be picked again in the draft this year, then signed and sent to the minor pros, but that so rarely happens.
BTW, 380 votes on the prospects poll in the first 24 hours. Wow. Everett and Brandon are way out in front so unless something changes, those teams will probably be the first ones done when I'm finally ready to start posting, probably late today or maybe tomorrow.
5 comments:
You've got a few fans down here in Everett, apparently, Alan. Keep up the good work.
-- Andy Head
our the same person is voting over and over again !!
Ha! The only contract Molle will be signing will be to work at McDonalds when his WHL career ends. Hasn't shown any promise since his 17 year old season.
I don't think you can vote twice - or not from the same computer anyway?
Has anyone been able to vote more than once? I don't care if you are, just curious if those totals are truly individual votes or if some fans are stuffing the ballot box for their team.
I work at a certain large-scale manufacturing company in Everett, and because of how the firewalls work, sometimes these types of votes re-cycle on different visits and allow you to vote again (individual computers don't necessarily show the same IP every time you get on the web). I have been able to vote a couple times in this one, so if someone wanted to, they could probably stuff the box.
-- Andy Head
Post a Comment