Thursday, January 7, 2010

Everett - Lethbridge blockbuster

The first trade of today is in - Everett sends 18 year old defenceman Drew McDermott to the Lethbridge Hurricanes for a 7th round bantam pick.

Let's hope this works out better than the last time the Tips traded a defenceman to Lethbridge.

McDermott is actually with Yorkton of the SJHL after being cut by Everett in October, although he spent all of last season with the Silvertips.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should help the canes make a push for the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

I am still smarting from your Dec 10th comments regarding the Kootenay Ice missing the playoffs or being first round fodder. I understand that since the end of October they have the best record in the entire WHL. Do we get any love?

Anonymous said...

Re "Kootenay sucks", could Mr. Anonymous provide the city he lives in ? A guess would be Kelowna as a so called fan there thinks all othere teams have morons playing for them. Have you ever been to Cranbrook and to the Rec Plex ?

Wolf said...

Alan, I am surprised you permit comments like the one above.

Alan said...

Wolf - comments are not moderated, so people can post whatever they want. I delete offensive content but sometimes I don't see it or get to it right away.