Monday, September 27, 2010

MacKenzie moved

The Marc MacKenzie versus the Raiders saga is over as quickly as it began - the Raiders have dealt MacKenzie to the Chilliwack Bruins for a 2011 12th round bantam pick.

If all they could get for him was a 12th round pick (which is next to nothing), it would appear his value around the league was not quite as high as I had thought it was. But, he'll get a chance in Chilliwack to prove he was worth more consideration than what he thought he was getting from Prince Albert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you actually think he talked to anyone other than Chilliwack? He traded Penner to Chilliwack for a 13th after dragging things out for a year. Could have had a 2nd or a mid round pick and a player the year before. Traded Persley to Chilliwack for a 12th and the next day he is on their roster as a 16 year old. Now he trades this guy for a 12th. Kid is a pretty good player and a big tough kid. Worth a 3rd at least.

I guess Campese really showed him. the Raiders get nothing back again, and this kid goes to a team with a reputable coach. I'm pretty sure I know who came out ahead here.

Anonymous said...

The raiders are sure going to have a lot of those 12th round picks to work with. Didn't Kelly Mac actually draft into the 12th round last year. Surprized he had room on his list.

Anonymous said...

Hey I far as I can see, both sides deserve each other. I guess the kid can get some ice in Chilliwack and see if he really is what he and his dad believe he is.

Shameful