I work in IT....I'm quite familiar with the development, testing, and rollout process. And from what I can see, it seems very clear to me that there was a totally inadequate level of testing done on this project before it was rolled out.
I think all of us who do this for a living would agree that sometimes you still end up with some bugs even when things are tested properly, and for that reason I didn't want to criticize them right off the bat on Thursday morning. But, that was three days ago; now the season starts in less than two weeks and visitors to the WHL site are still unable to view stats, standings, rosters, or even the flippin' schedule. That is completely unacceptable IMO. So it didn't work when you rolled it out. Fine. So fix it. If you can't fix it in 72 hours I'd have to say you (A) didn't test this anywhere close to enough and maybe even not at all, or (B) aren't trying very damn hard. Half the WHL site hasn't worked since the get-go and NONE of it has been fixed.
Oh - and for the most part, the 22 team sites have all been very good with the switchover. A few bugs, but generally all good. It's only the main WHL site that has the problems.
4 comments:
Agreed. It's rather frustrating to say the least. I also noticed every team except Vancouver has the new updated website. The Giants website still looks like it did previously.
Alan...as someone who is working daily with the programmers (back east) to get our site going and working properly...we basically found out that we were over promised and under delivered...been fun trying to work with IT guys who don't understand the importance of marketing...stay patience fans...
I don't understand why such changes are even needed annaually. The look for 09-10 was still fresh and the MOBILE site was AMAZING on my iphone.
Too bad, seems like $$$ down the $hitter and now a terriblly slow site that is broken. :(
still a mess. what a fiasco. If I was a CHL sponsor I would not be happy.
Post a Comment