The WHL and Shaw TV released their 2010-11 TV schedule yesterday. You can see the schedule here. To break it down, the number of times each team is being shown this year:
Calgary: 6
Kelowna: 5
Saskatoon: 5
Vancouver: 5
Edmonton: 4
Brandon: 3
Chilliwack: 3
Kamloops: 3
Medicine Hat: 3
Moose Jaw: 3
Regina: 3
Swift Current: 3
Everett: 2
Kootenay: 2
Lethbridge: 2
Portland: 2
Red Deer: 2
Prince Albert: 1
Prince George: 1
Seattle: 1
Tri-City: 1
You have to give them credit, they are showing a wide variety of teams - Spokane is the only team to not be shown at all. Overall the list is about what you'd expect though, with the higher population centers (higher Shaw customer bases) at the top of the list, and smaller centers getting fewer airings.
Second note, the regular season starts on Friday and the WHL site is still not complete. #1 on the problem list, for me anyway, is that I cannot view the schedule. Three days to season kickoff and fans have no way - on the league's official website - to see who is playing who.
The stats and standings still do not work either....I know, there are no stats or standings yet. But based on how things have gone so far, I gotta say I'm not optimistic that they're magically going to start working on Friday night.
Many of the rosters are there now, which is nice....but I'm wondering how Kootenay is going to compete this year with only three players on their roster. Chilliwack, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat are not complete either, and many teams have an awful lot of players wearing number zero. And since the individual team websites seem to be using the same roster database, the rosters on the team sites are not complete and/or wrong as well. Come on, we're 72 hours from the season starting. This joke of a redesign has gone on long enough. Time to get this fixed now, already.
8 comments:
Given FSN's past choices, I would imagine that the Feb 18th game between Seattle and Vancouver would be shown here in the states. That means that FSN is going to be producing at least 9 of their own games, the most of their three seasons so far. (I don't see them picking up a mid-week game from Shaw but I could be wrong.)
If you click on the Schedule button on the whl.ca page, you're now getting the regular season schedule. They've added all kinds of extra gizmos like picking which time-zone you want (now why would you want to choose Eastern anyways??) but you can't sort by team yet.
Hopefully they get it fixed soon!
Alan will you be doing your predictions post this year?
Laura - yes, I will be doing the predictions. But like last year, they won't be out until very late September or early October.
I found the predictions were better last year because I waited until teams had finalized their rosters, etc. So we will do that again this year.
I was told by the WHL to be patient!
Well said Alan. I completely agree. It would also be nice to have the webcasts officially announced and available for purchase by now...
kootenay will still ice a good product and still make the playoffs with 3 players on the roster, the bastards! haha.
I tried to purchase a webcast package last night but could not. The screen said there were 4 errors on the page. I could get no further. Let's hope this is not indicative of future performance, but I am not holding my breath...
Post a Comment