I don't believe there is any rule limiting teams to two 16 year olds. I've not heard of any such rule being enforced anyway....I know Hockey Canada passed those age guidelines three years ago (which imposed league-wide totals on 16's rather than team-by-team totals) but I was always under the impression that the CHL teams were not following those new rules.
I can tell you for sure that at least seven WHL teams had four full-season 16 year olds last season and twelve teams had at least three of them.
As I understand it, they can play as many 16 year olds as they wish, but they must play a minimum of 40 games. I just wonder what exactly the league does if one of them plays say, 38 games?
3 comments:
One question. I was under the understanding that teams could only carry two 16 yr olds this year. If so how can the Giants go with three on D.
I don't believe there is any rule limiting teams to two 16 year olds. I've not heard of any such rule being enforced anyway....I know Hockey Canada passed those age guidelines three years ago (which imposed league-wide totals on 16's rather than team-by-team totals) but I was always under the impression that the CHL teams were not following those new rules.
I can tell you for sure that at least seven WHL teams had four full-season 16 year olds last season and twelve teams had at least three of them.
As I understand it, they can play as many 16 year olds as they wish, but they must play a minimum of 40 games. I just wonder what exactly the league does if one of them plays say, 38 games?
Post a Comment