Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday notes

Gregg Drinnan did a great job (as always) wrapping up the significant events from the WHL yesterday. Rather than rehash everything, I'll just point you there.

A note today from Edmonton, from the Pipeline Show's blog, where it appears the Oil Kings have settled on their three overagers and released veteran defenceman Garrett Thiessen.

And it sounds like former WHL star Brad Isbister has called it quits on his career.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis Dunstall left the 'Tips today. See Nick's blog for more info.

Alan said...

Did you mean Corey Tyrell instead? There's nothing on Nick's blog about Dunstall.

I knew about Tyrell, he has already been removed from the Tips roster here.

Anonymous said...

This leaves the Tips a bit weak on forwards, and heavy on D-Men. 14 forward leaves only 2 back-ups, 9 D-men give 3 reserves. Might spell the the end of 20 year old Scherger as a D-man. he would be little more expendable than 20 year old Dunstall. Though 3 20 old forwards. Tips better inprove their scoring, they might need it with the younger defense.

Anonymous said...

right after I posted above. I see the Tips picked up another forward from Red Deer. making above statement a bit mute.

A Day Late and a Dollar Short, thats me