Kelowna rolled to a lopsided 4-1 win over host Rimouski tonight.....I say lopsided despite the respectable-looking score because the score could just as well have been 10-1 after that pathetic showing from the Oceanic.
Rimouski went out in the 3rd round of the QMJHL playoffs in four straight games to the eventual QMJHL champs, Drummondville, but after watching tonight's game I would say the Oceanic would not have made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs if they were in the WHL. In fact, they might have been first round fodder. They were that bad, that outmatched against the Rockets.
Kelowna played the same game that was so successful for them in the WHL playoffs - take care of things in your own end first and capitalize on what the other team gives you offensively. And the Oceanic gave in their own end 'til it hurt.
After this game, I'm pretty confident we can eliminate the hosts from having any chance of playing next Sunday. We know from the QMJHL playoffs that Drummondville can manhandle them, the Rockets certainly had their way with them tonight, and with all the hype about Windsor I can't see the Spits having trouble with the Oceanic either. So it's a three-team race now.
Tomorrow: Windsor against Drummondville. It'll be interesting to watch this one and see if either team shows any signs of having what it takes to go up against the Rockets.
1 comment:
We need to give credit to Rimouski's goaltender. He kept them in Game 1 and won them game 2.
Post a Comment