Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shaw stays in the East

Shaw announced today that their choice of 3rd round series to cover will be the Calgary vs Brandon matchup, as opposed to the Tri-City vs Vancouver/Portland Western matchup.

Makes sense I guess.....Calgary-Brandon is #1 vs #2 overall and it's tough to make a case that any series in any round of the playoffs can be better than #1 vs #2.

3 comments:

Trainnut78 said...

You're probably right that a series featuring a #1 and #2 would be more interesting than a series with a #1 seed versus a #4 or #5. However, part of the reason for the decision is that both Brandon and Calgary are Canadian based teams, whereas there is a potential that the Western Conference final could be an all US based team affair, or have at least one US based team.

Anonymous said...

Eastern Team bias that is all !! I am sure they have done BOTH , or at least showed games from both series. I hope tri - cities wins it all

brian in Sherwood

Trainnut78 said...

It would be nice if Fox Sports would pick up a few of the games. They did broadcast game 7 of the Spokane/Portland series but it was delayed an hour or so. If the coverage was better I think the ratings would come with it.