Bunch of roster moves made in the last couple days, so the rosters (below) have been updated.
Two notable ones to report this morning. First, Edmonton has resolved its overage situation by dealing defenceman Cameron Cepek and a 2009 6th round pick to Prince George for a 2009 3rd round pick.
Secondly, Everett lost another veteran yesterday when 18 year old forward Ty Skauge quit hockey, saying he no longer had the desire to play the game. This leaves Everett with only five veteran forwards and only 11 veterans overall on a 23 man roster. And if Kyle Beach sticks with the Blackhawks....well, Everett fans don't even want to think about that, I'm sure. As it is, with no proven scoring and an unproven #1 goalie, I think this team is going to challenge Portland for the basement in that division. In fact, Portland might make the playoffs ahead of Everett. (I'm not saying Skauge makes the difference here - he doesn't - but the picture as a whole is not pretty).
8 comments:
You are way off on this team! They have some young talented forwards who will definately be putting up some numbers this season. Rookies, Maxwell, White, Tochkin are all top producers with proven scoring! Along with vets Harper, Daily and most likely Beach, they will compete just fine. Look for tips to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack this season with better things to come in future seasons being such a young team!
But every team in the league has good young prospects like Maxwell, White, and Tochkin. It's not like they're some secret weapon Everett has that nobody else has. And the other teams all have better returning veteran groups to support their youngesters. Everett's are going to get thrown into the fire.
Those kids are also not "proven" scorers either. They have proven nothing at this level. They definitely might be able to produce right away this year, but they are going head to head with teams who have guys who HAVE proven they can score at the WHL level.
But, I like your optimism. If Everett's a middle-of-the-pack team with this lineup, feel free to come back in March and rub my nose in it.....
Everett fans have become spoiled in their short time in the league. This is the first season that there has been a majority of unproven talent on the roster. I look forward to watching the young players get experience and I am optimistic that we should see some entertaining hockey that will benefit the future of the organization. Win or loose, entertaining WHL hockey is more than worth the price of admission.
This is pretty insane. I don't recall ever seeing this much turnover from a WHL team before, at least not when it comes to players leaving the team on their own accord. I wonder if the Everett front office has some issues.
I'm not sure how good Chilliwack and Kamloops are going to be this year, but I think we may very well see only 3 US division in the playoffs this season.
that should be 3 US division teams
Is it a coaching problem in Everett. That the word on the street.
IT IS a coaching problem. The brass should step in and take over before Everett becomes a bigger issue. Why would so many leave a team including a captain?
Why is it that no one who thinks there is a coaching problem is willing to stand up and put their name on their comment? Your opinion would carry more weight if you identified yourself. Why would a Captain leave? Well hypothetically if he thought he was a NHL caliber player and he thought he wasn't getting the right attention playing for Everett from the scouts, maybe he would get more attention playing on the other side of the continent...
Post a Comment