Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday notes

I guess they really didn't want to go down 3-1....Kelowna came out with what I thought was their strongest effort of the series last night, and ended up with a solid 3-0 victory to show for it. I was kind of disappointed in Vancouver, it didn't seem like they were really into fighting for the win, but that's not to take anything away from a good showing by Kelowna.

So the series is tied 2-2 now....game five is tomorrow night in Vancouver.

At the Telus Cup, all three prairie teams are going to the playoffs. Final round-robin standings are pending the conclusion of today's games, but Notre Dame will definitely finish either #1 or #2, while Winnipeg will be somewhere from #1 to #3. Calgary will probably be either 3rd or 4th, although if they were to lose to Moncton (record: 1-3) today and have Laval (1-1-2) beat or tie Winnipeg, the Buffaloes would miss the playoffs. But it's not likely. So of the four playoff teams at this year's Telus Cup, three will contain our future WHLers. 

No comments: