Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Game over

Well, was that an entertaining game or what? Granted, it wasn't a classic in the sense of lots of scoring chances, big saves, etc, but the fact that it was game seven and that nobody scored at all until...well, until the end, kept it edge-of-your-seat stuff on every play.

I thought the refs did a very good job of staying out of it and letting the teams decide the game. The calls that were made were no-brainers and I didn't think they let anything blatant go either. The two teams kept it fairly clean and it made for some pretty good hockey.

On to the third round now....Brandon at Calgary starts Friday night and Kelowna at Vancouver starts Saturday. I'll have series previews and my own predictions tomorrow or Thursday.

Oh, and Shaw confirmed on their broadcast tonight that they'll be showing the Vancouver vs Kelowna series next round. No surprise, I think we all saw that coming, and it will be a very, very good series. I guess I'm just disappointed that they're showing the Giants for a 2nd straight round when they have yet to show the #1 overall team in the league this year in the playoffs. I know Calgary's first round series was a dog and their second round series wasn't as promising as the Giants-Chiefs series, but in the third round, Calgary-Brandon promises to be a good series just like the Giants-Rockets, and yet Calgary & Brandon fans are getting the shaft.

This means the Hitmen will not be on Shaw in the playoffs this year until the final, if they beat Brandon of course. Whereas, Vancouver could potentially be shown three straight times if they also make the final. Is that fair coverage? Not hardly.

No comments: