First, I picked up this link off Gregg Drinnan's blog and if you didn't read it from his blog, you should definitely read it now. Excellent story about Giants forward Adam Basford dealing with the death of his mother two weeks ago.
Something to think about now.....with Swift Current and Saskatoon bowing out in 7th games against Central division opponents, there's now only one Eastern division team remaining alive in the playoffs and that's Brandon. There's three Central teams and two each from the U.S. and B.C. divisions. The province of Saskatchewan has five WHL teams, and none of them have made it out of the first round this year. In the last 15 seasons, there has been ONE Saskatchewan-based team that made it to the WHL finals, and that was Moose Jaw three years ago in 05-06 - and they lost to Vancouver 4-0. The last Saskatchewan team to win the WHL title was Swift Current, way back in 1992-93.
What's wrong with the Saskatchewan teams? Or is nothing wrong and this is just a strange, 15 year "blip"?
And I've been messing around with the layout & colors on the blog this morning....I'm sure you've noticed if you're a regular visitor. It has been 18 months since I made any changes so it was time for some renovations. Let me know if you hate the new look.....
6 comments:
You freaked me out dude! No problem with the layout at all, just thought I was in the wrong place...
Nice layout, I like it a lot!
Being from Saskatchewan I can tell you that the Sask based teams are run very poorly with a lot of questionable management. Starting in Regina where Brent Parker's tenure is in its 15th year and has only managed to get to the 2nd round twice. Saskatoon hasn,t done much either. Swift Current is the only real hope and they just returned from the Central division a few years back. No sign that anything will change soon!
The only change I would make is to put a little gray in to the background. All of white can get hard on the eyes for some folks.
I like the slightly larger menu font...and agree with the white background comment above. Keep up the great work!!
I liked the other layout better.
Why change a good thing?
Thanks for the change in the background. It is much easier on the eyes now.
Post a Comment