Saturday, January 10, 2009

Deadline over?

Looks like the trade deadline is over and done with. No new deals reported in the last hour, so I'm thinking we're not going to see anymore.

To tie up loose ends, Kelowna released overage goalie Kris Lazaruk, who is expected to join the Jr A ranks. Spokane assigned Mike Betz to Sicamous of the Jr B KIJHL. Prince Albert assigned Brent Martin to Spruce Grove of the Jr B CJHL. Tri-City assigned Cam Stevens to Winkler of the MJHL. Portland assigned Nick Dietrich to the SJHL. Edmonton assigned Dalyn Flette to Camrose of the AJHL.

Kelowna did NOT move out one of their imports, which to me means they do not think Mikael Backlund is coming to the WHL. If I'm not mistaken, they are not allowed to add Backlund later in the season either unless he was given a spot on their roster as of today.....and in order to hold that spot on their roster, they would have had to move out Matejka today.

I'm taking a break. More notes later (much later) if anything actually happens after this.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Alan,

I'm sure that Kelowna placed Backlund on their 'special' list (like college kids) so that if he's released by the Flames he'd go to the Rockets and they'd have two weeks to sort out their Euro situation.

JB