Ice trade 19 year old d-man John Negrin and 19 year old forward Michael Stickland to Swift Current for 16 year old forward Christian Magnus (S.C.'s 2007 first round pick), 17 year old d-man James Martin, and Swift's 2010 2nd and 4th round picks.
So, the Broncos are loading up. My question is, do they really think they can beat Calgary or Saskatoon four times out of seven? They just paid a really high price for that gamble. Magnus is a kid who is going to play 3 or 4 more years in the league and be a pretty good player by the time he's 18, and Martin is another guy who's going to be a good defenceman for a few more years too. The Broncos gave up that, plus 2nd and 4th round picks, for half a year of John Negrin and a year and a half of Michael Stickland, who scored 4 goals in the season opener this year and has only 9 more since then. Very curious move for the Broncos, I think.
8 comments:
I disagee. With the addition of Negrin, I think the Broncos have the best group of d-men in the league now.
Paul
Tough call. I think Vancouver (Blum, Ross, Regner, Schira) and Calgary (Postma, Plante, Stone, Seabrook) have top fours that are as good or better than Swift's (Negrin, Doyle, Claffey, McAvoy).
Calgary and Vancouver also have quite considerably more potent offences (#1 and #2 in the league so far) than Swift Current's (#9) and the Broncos didn't address that.
But, it's obvious the Broncos think they can go at least a couple rounds deep and maybe more. Should be interesting to watch the stretch drives & playoffs.
Alan, only the Broncos know those players they gave up and their potential. Not you sitting there in Calgary.
Stickland could be a 20 next year too.
I see you're pulling out the old lame-o "you don't work for a WHL team so you don't know what you're talking about" routine to defend your team's move.
It's my opinion. Deal with it. Since I'm so obviously clueless in your opinion, I don't even know why my opinion bothers you.
Just who are you? Have you ever been to a WHL game?
Seem to have a big mouth opinion anyways.
Have you seen Martin/Magnus play a game? Thought so.
Back to blogging. Keep the hockey decisions to the experts.
I've seen about 500+ live WHL games. Is that enough for inclusion in your society of people who are allowed to have opinions?
Again, for somebody who thinks I know nothing, my opinion is sure getting you worked up. You can't stop yourself from coming back here over and over to read it.
Ok, keep waving your pom-poms around puck. Stick the nerd stats that take hours to compile and leave your two-bit opinion out of it. Thx.
Funny you say I have pom-poms when you're obviously the biggest Broncos homer around.
If I had said I thought the Broncos won the trade, you'd think my opinion was gold.
Post a Comment