Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guggenberger heads west

Rockets have acquired 19 year old goaltender Mark Guggenberger from Swift Current for a 2010 5th round pick. The pick is conditional, probably on Guggenberger still being in the league past the overage deadline next season.

Swift Current has also lost the services of 19 year old forward Grant Toulmin, who has left the team for personal reasons. If he can't be traded today, he'll be assigned to junior A.

Very quiet so far today other than the Guggenberger trade, but don't be fooled.....it has been very quiet early on deadline day the last couple years too, only to see 8-10 deals completed (or announced) close to the deadline.

Kelowna still needs to move out an import if they want Backlund. Mind you, the Flames haven't officially assigned Backlund to Kelowna yet either.

I also wonder what Kelowna's going to do with their goaltending now that they have three goalies with the acquisition of Guggenberger. I can't see them parting with 17 year old Adam Brown, so I think Kris Lazaruk is still going somewhere yet.

No comments: